iSOL8 Pty Ltd via Craig Power, believes it is essential for industry professionals to devote time to volunteer their experience and expertise to continuously improve the Australian community .
Craig Power is guided by the “Code of Ethics of Engineers Australia” and dedicates significant volunteering time to the WA community.
- Guest lectures for 3rd Year OHS students at Curtin University
- Acting as a mentor for several Australian OHS professionals – WA and Canberra.
- Providing 100 hrs OHS field experience for Curtin University OHS students as part of their degree.
- Industry mentor for Cecil Andrews College students from 2017 to 2022 inclusive , allowing up to one day /week, using 3D Printing, Laser cutting and tours of industry to build projects as well as assembling and flying drones. Several articles have been published on the iSOL8 Web site and LinkedIn describing education projects.
- Worked with the Cecil Andrews College Principal to introduce an Entrepreneurial approach to teaching and learning for students and teachers.
- Industry Representative at High School open days – Guildford Grammar School and Armadale High School.
- Provided project and industry guidance to teachers and students and interface with Western Power in the “Solar Bench Recharging Project”
- Participating as a small business and assisting MBA students in the University of Western Australia “Small Business Management Workshops” and the “Management of Technology and Innovation (NOTI) Commercialisation Program” overseen by Winthrop Professor Tim Mazzarol
- Mentor for “Rare Birds.”
- Publishing a wide range of articles (52) describing mentoring and industry experiences, and specific opinion pieces on Workplace Health and Safety.